This vegan and gluten free recipe is very easy to make and it only takes 40 minutes to prepare (mostly baking time). It is rich in Vitamins A, B1, B3, B5, B6, C, Folate, B12, Magnesium, Iron and Selenium.
This recipe makes about 5 portions.
- 1 squash (ideally organic)
- 1 large leek (ideally organic)
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk (I like Biona Organic)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 heaped tbs nutritional yeast (can be bought at health food stores)
- 2 tbs tapioca or any gluten free flour
- ½ tbs masala curry mix
- ½ tbs ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and shop the squash in 4 lengthwise pieces, clear the seeds and cut in thin slices (peel before if you are not using an organic squash). Mix in the olive oil and roast in the over at 170 for about 25 minutes. Wash and chop the leek. On the hob mix the rest of the ingredients leaving the tapioca flour last. Add the flour by whisking it in and continue cooking for about 5 minutes continuously whisking while the liquid thickens. Once thickened add the leek to the roasted squash and add the curried coconut sauce on top. Put it back in the over and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!