This gluten free, vegetarian porridge is high in protein, fiber, pre-biotic inulin and beta glucans as well as zinc, antioxidants and beneficial fats.
This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to bake and it makes 4 portions. You can keep these in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (would work with raspberries or blackberries)
- ½ cup quinoa flakes (or add extra oats)
- 2 tbs raisins
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 handful crushed walnuts (or almonds)
- 2 tbs coconut flakes
- 2 tbs flax seeds (or for the vegan version double that and leave out the eggs)
- 2 tbs inulin powder (available from health food stores)
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 organic eggs
Mix all the ingredients together and pour onto unwaxed baking sheet lined baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy some yogurt, extra berries or my Pre-Biotic Apple Stew (see other recipes).