This vegan protein packed side dish is full of Fiber, Folate, Calcium, Vitamins A, C, B and Selenium.
It only takes 5 minutes to make and can be stored in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- 1 can organic chickpeas in brine (I like Biona Organic)
- 1 tbs tahini
- juice of one lemon or 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large cooked, peeled and chopped beetroot
- 2 tbs of avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley and chicory to decorate
Simple put all the ingredients in a blender (I used my Nutri Bullet) and blend roughly by quick blasts. You might have to mix the ingredients and blast a few times. Adjust for taste and serve garnished with parsley and some chicory, which makes a great dipping vessel. Enjoy!