This vegan and gluten free, easy to make and warming soup is rich in Vitamin E, C, K, B6, Manganese, Fiber, Antioxidants, Calcium, Flavonoids, Iron, Niacin, Potassium and Zinc.
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook and it makes 4 portions.
- 1 small head of organic cauliflower, washed and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 small chili
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 veg stock cube dissolved in 600 grams of filtered water
- 1 tbs grated fresh turmeric ( or ½ tablespoon ground turmeric spice)
- ½ tbs dried ginger
- heaped tablespoons of blanched ground almonds ( I like Daylesford Organic)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 grams Coriander – to garnish
Sautee the onion in the coconut oil for 5 minutes and add the garlic, spices, chili, salt & pepper and the chopped cauliflower – sauté and whilst mixing a few times for another 5 minutes. Add the stock and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the ground almonds a couple of minutes before you take off the heat. Blend with a hand blender to a desired consistency. Add the coriander to garnish before serving. Enjoy!