These gluten free cookies are easy to make and rich in protein, Vitamin A, E, C, B6, fiber, zinc and iron.
This recipe takes 10 minutes to make, 35 minutes to bake and it makes approximately 12 cookies.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes (or you can grind one cup of oats in a blender)
- ½ cup tapioca flour (but you can use any gluten free flour)
- 2 tbs almond flour ( you can blend almonds in a blender too to get flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed
- A pinch of salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 12 drops of stevia ( or 4 tbs of coconut/brown sugar)
- 3 tbs of melted coconut oil
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs date syrup (but can also use maple, coconut or brown rice syrup)
- ½ can of unsweetened pumpkin puree ( or the equivalent of roasted pumpkin)
- Pumpkin seeds to decorate
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients and beat the eggs with the rest of the ingredients for 2/3 minutes. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the pumpkin puree and mix. Wet your hands and shape the dough into cookie size balls and squash down onto a tray lined with baking paper. Decorate with the pumpkin seeds on top.
Bake in a warmed-up oven at 170 degrees for approximately 35 minutes, turn over halfway through. Enjoy!