This vegan and gluten free side dish is delicious and super good for your gut.
This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook and is rich in fibre, pectin, inulin, Vitamins A, B9, C, K and Magnesium.
- 1 small head of organic purple cabbage, washed and chopped
- 2 organic apples (I used Braeburn), washed and roughly chopped
- 1 star anise
- 1 clove
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (I like Raw Organic)
- ½ cup filtered water
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- tbs Inulin powder (can be bought from health food stores) or use 2 tbs of honey instead
Mix all the ingredients in a pan and cook on slow fire for 15/20 minutes, making sure you stir in every 4/5 minutes. It keeps in the fridge for 4/5 days. Enjoy!