This vegan and gluten free recipe is rich in Protein, Iron, Vitamins E, C, B1, B3, B5, B6, B7, K, A, Calcium, Magnesium, Antioxidants, Copper, Selenium, Manganese and plenty of fiber.
This recipe takes about 10/15 minutes to make and it makes 2 portions. You can batch make these and keep in glass jars in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 2 cups of organic quinoa flakes (available from health food stores)
- 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk (I like Rude Health)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries (I like Pickard)
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tbs unsweetened coconut yogurt (I like The Coconut Collaborative)
- 3 tbs almond flakes (I like Daylesford Organic)
For the cherry compote:
- 300 grams frozen cherries (I like Pack’d)
- 2 tbs filtered water
- 1 tbs Inulin (available from health food stores)
First make the cherry compote by combining all the ingredients on the stove, keep stirring until it thickens – about 8/10 minutes. For the quinoa porridge first add the frozen raspberries and chia until they defrost and cook slightly, about 4/5 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients except the yogurt and the almond flakes – add these two at the end just before you pour the cherry compote topping. Enjoy!
P.S. You can sub the cherries for any frozen fruit really.