This vegan, GF recipe is rich in protein, Vitamin E, C, K, Iron, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, Manganese and Selenium.
It takes 10 minutes to make and this recipe makes 2 portions.
For the porridge:
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup frozen berries ( I used raspberries)
- 1 tbs flaked coconut
- 2 tbs sultanas
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (but any nut milk will do)
- 1 tbs unsweetened coconut yogurt to garnish
For the pear compote:
- 1 organic pear chopped and washed
- 1 tbs inulin powder (available through health food stores)
- 1 tbs chia seeds (can substitute with milled flaxseeds)
- 5 tbs filtered water
First all the pear compote ingredients together in a pan and cook on the hob for 5 minutes, whilst stirring occasionally. Whilst the compote is cooking in another pan add the blueberries and after 2/3 minutes the rest of the ingredients – keep stirring for another 5/7 minutes. Once the porridge I cooked add the ready pear compote on top as well as the coconut yogurt – enjoy!