These vegan and gluten free cupcakes make the perfect occasional treat. They are packed with magnesium, fiber, potassium, iron, folate and vitamin C.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to bake and it makes 12 medium sized cupcakes.
- 2 medium beet pre-cooked and pureed with a spoon of water
- 1 and ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 4 drops of Stevia
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs flaxseeds
Finely grate or puree the beets. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Whisk together the almond milk and vinegar in a bowl and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, Stevia, oil, vanilla extract, and the beets and beat until foamy.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, chia and flaxseed and salt. Mix well and fill in the cases. Bake for 35 minutes at 170 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy as part of a balanced diet.