This vegan and gluten free starter is fresh, zingy and full of fibre and nutrients – Choline, Sulforaphane, Vitamins A, C and K. Combine it with a protein source such as my Beetroot Hummus or Moroccan Lamb Burgers (see other recipes).
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and it makes 4 portions.
- 1 small organic cauliflower head or 400 grams frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 60 grams parsley, washed and chopped
- 2 large organic tomatoes, washed, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- The juice of one lemon (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbs avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbs tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
If using a fresh head of cauliflower chop it and rice in the Nutri Bullet/blender, squeeze any extra liquid. Then sauté the ready riced cauliflower or the frozen one and with the coconut oil and salt/pepper for 4/5 minutes. Once cooled add the chopped parsley and tomatoes. Make the dressing by mixing the lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar) with tahini and avocado or olive oil ( may need to add more salt and pepper to taste). Enjoy!