This delicious vegan and GF simple soup is packed with many antioxidants, vitamins such as E, C, folate and vitamin K and also fiber and some protein. It only takes about 20 minutes to make and is guaranteed to be enjoyed as a starter by adults and kids.
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and this recipe makes 4 servings.
- 300 g washed organic watercress with stalks cut out
- 2 white onions chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- a punch of nutmeg
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 tablespoons of white almond flour ( I like Daylesford Organic)
- 4 medium organic new potatoes chopped
Sautee the onions in the coconut oil for 5-6 minutes and then add the garlic and new potatoes ( if organic just wash thoroughly and chop in small pieces otherwise peel) and the washed and chopped watercress – keep stirring for 5 minutes, add seasoning to taste and nutmeg, then add the stock (prepare by dissolving the stock cube in the filtered water). Cook for another 5 minutes on high heat. Add the almond flour and cook for another 3 minutes. Take off the heat, blend roughly with a hand blender and enjoy!