This vegan, gluten free porridge recipe is packed with vitamins, minerals, good fats and also protein. Moreover, this recipe can be made in advance and stored in glass jars in the fridge for up to a week, so it is the perfect quick breakfast when you are on the go.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes and makes 2 servings.
- 2 tea spoons chia seeds
- 110 grams of gluten free unsweetened plan porridge
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 table spoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 table spoons walnuts
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (I like Picard wild blueberries)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I like Rude Health Unsweetened Ultimate Almond Milk)
- 1 organic pear washed
- 1 table spoon coconut yogurt ( I like The Coconut Collaborative Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt) or if consuming dairy try organic goats or sheep milk yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon almond butter (I like Biona Organic)
- 4/5 washed organic raspberries
- ½ banana
Heat up a deep dish on the hub and add the frozen blueberries, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and water and mix in for about 5 minutes. Then add the chopped up pear and half a cup of the almond milk – continue stirring for another 2/3 minutes or until the pear has cooked a bit more and is starting to become mushy. The add all the porridge oats and the rest of the milk and cook for another 2/3 minutes. Take off the hob and add toppings of choice from the above – or all of them!