This pesto is rich in Vitamin A, C, K, E, B6, B12, Omega 3, fiber, Selenium and Calcium. It only takes 5 minutes to make and you can add it to canned beans, fish or chicken.
This recipe makes about 2 portions, which can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast (available from health food stores)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- juice of one lemon (or 2 tbs apple cider vinegar)
- 4 tbs olive or avocado oil
- 5 or 6 walnuts ( but any nuts except peanuts are suitable)
- 30 grams washed and chopped organic kale
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all the ingredients to a blender (I used my Nutri Bullet) and roughly blend. Enjoy!