These vegetarian, gluten free and easy to prepare muffins are filled with nutrients such as protein, Vitamin E, A, B6, Magnesium, Folate and Fiber.
This recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to bake and makes about 12 medium muffins.
You can enjoy them for breakfast with smoked salmon and a poached egg or for lunch with a green leafy salad, a handful of tinned chickpeas and half an avocado.
They will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- 1 organic egg
- 3 spears of asparagus, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large organic carrot washed and grated
- 1 small organic courgette grated and extra water squeezed out
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 g fresh dill
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 400 grams blanched ground almonds (I like Daylesford Organic)
- 40 grams organic feta, crumbled (can substitute for goats’ cheese)
- 1 tbs milled flaxseed
- ½ tbs baking powder
Sautee in the coconut oil the carrots, courgette and asparagus alongside a crushed clove of garlic for 5/6 minutes and leave to cool. Season well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spoon the mixture into unbleached muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 170 degrees.