This easy to make gluten free and vegetarian recipe is rich in protein, fiber, iron, Vitamins B, C, E, Calcium, Selenium.
It takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake. This recipe makes about 4 portions.
I called this recipe ‘Anytime Frittata’ as you can have it for breakfast (with some organic sausages and/or avocado) or for lunch/dinner with a salad. You can practically use any vegetables in it, so easy and ‘fuss free’ to put together!
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 medium organic leek, washed and chopped
- 1 organic red pepper, washed and chopped
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach, washed and chopped
- 20 grams of organic feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of blanched almond flour (you can use gluten-free or tapioca flour instead)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tbs dried oregano
- 1/2 tbs fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
Sautee all the vegetables and spices in the coconut oil for 5-8 minutes and remove from the heat. Add the eggs, feta, almond flour and mix in well. Pour the mixture in an oven proof dish and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!