This vegetarian and gluten free salad is rich in fiber, Vitamins A, B6, C, B9, K, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Copper, Inulin (pre-biotic).
This salad takes about 20 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to put together and it makes 1 portion.
As this salad is completely ( rich in carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein) you can have it as a main meal.
- 1 cup of squash, chopped and peeled and roasted with 1 tbs of coconut oil for 20 minutes
- 1 cup of brown lentils (soaked for 8 hours and boiled for 30 minutes), or use ready from a packet
- 2 spring onions, washed and chopped
- 1 red chicory, washed and chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 30 grams organic feta ( or goats cheese)
- 20 grams fresh parsley, washed and chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (or half a lemon)
- 1 tbs avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the main ingredients together. Mix all the dressing ingredients and pour on top and mix in – enjoy!