This gluten free and vegan curry is rich in protein, good fats, Vitamin C, A, B6, B9, fiber, potassium, anthocyanins (flavonoids) and antioxidants.
This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make and it yields 4 portions. Try it with a side of red quinoa instead of rice.
- 1 tin of organic black chickpeas (or normal chickpeas)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 pepper, washed and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 handfuls organic spinach, washed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb size piece of turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh chili, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon masala mix
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- A handful of fresh coriander to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
In the melted coconut oil sauté the onions with the garlic/ginger/turmeric and then add the spices, salt and pepper to taste and then stir for 4/5 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and the chickpeas alongside the coconut milk and the tinned tomatoes and let the curry simmer for another 20 minutes, whilst stirring occasionally. Serve with fresh chopped coriander on top.