This easy vegan and gluten free recipe takes 25 minutes to make and is rich in protein Vitamins A, B6, Folate, K1, C, Potassium and Manganese.
This recipe makes 4 portions.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 400 grams of organic carrots, washed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 600 grams vegetable stock (or homemade bone broth – see other recipes)
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- a thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- a sprinkle of dried chilies
- a thumb sized piece of turmeric, peeled and chopped ( or sub for a teaspoon of dried turmeric)
- 3 teaspoons of masala mix spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful or cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes then drained
- 1 can cannellini or butter beans in water, drained and rinsed ( I like Biona Organic)
Sautee the onions in the coconut oil and add the ginger/turmeric/garlic and other spices – keep mixing for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the stock and the cashews and cook for another 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened. Add the beans and take off the heat in 5 minutes. Blend with a hand blender to a rough consistency. Enjoy!