This easy to prepare, dairy and gluten free recipe is packed with protein and is rich in Vitamins B3, B12, B6, C, K, A, E, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus, Fiber, Manganese and Selenium.
It only takes 5 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to bake and this recipe makes 2 portions.
- 300 grams wild caught cod loins
- handful fresh basil, washed
- handful organic kale, washed and roughly chopped
- handful of raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbs olive or avocado oil
- juice of one lemon or 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash the raw cod loins (especially if they came in plastic packaging) and place them in an over proof dish. Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender (I used my Nutri Bullet) and roughly blend. Spread the pesto on top of the cod and bake for 25 minutes at 170. Enjoy with my Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad (see other recipes).