This gluten free wholesome family recipe is packed with protein, Vitamins A, C, K, B9, B6 Calcium, Antioxidants and Lycopene (a powerful carotenoid antioxidant).
This recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to bake and it makes about 4 portions.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts, cut into 8 even pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- a handful of basil
- 1tbs dried basil
- a pinch of brown sugar
- 3 roasted and peeled peppers (from a jar)
- 2 fresh chilli, chopped
- a thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (I like Biona Organic or Mr Organic)
- 35 grams Philadelphia cheese (or to make a dairy free option follow the instructions for my cashew cream from the Lamb and Aubergine Lasagna recipe and adjust quantities)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt half of the coconut oil and start sautéing the seasoned onion, garlic, chili, and dried basil. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the chopped peppers, cook for another 2 minutes and add the canned tomatoes with the pinch of sugar and the fresh basil. Cook for another five minutes and as you take off the heat mix in the cream cheese.
In a pan put the rest of the coconut oil and slightly brown the chicken pieces on both sides (you can also season here with salt and pepper). Place them in an oven proof dish and pour in the tomato sauce. Bake for 40 minutes at 170. Enjoy with a large portion of sautéed vegetables such as broccoli and kale.