This gluten free, protein packed recipe is rich in B vitamins, especially B12, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin A, K1, K2, Manganese, Magnesium and Copper.
This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and 30 minutes to bake and makes about 12 medium lamb burgers. You can batch cook these and freeze for packed lunches or easy to put together dinners.
- 1 can of organic chickpeas (I like Biona Organic)
- 400 grams organic lamb (I like Daylesford Organic)
- 2 large grated carrots
- 4 spring onions, washed and chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 1 peeled thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 15 grams of washed and chopped parsley
- 2 tbs of avocado or olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons or 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- ½ tbs masala spice
- ½ tbs ground cumin
- 1 egg
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the blender with the grated carrots, spring onions, ginger, spices, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, chili and oil and blend roughly (I used my Nutri Bullet). Add the mixture to the lamb mince and add the egg. Mix well and season. Wet your hands and start shaping the mixture into 12 burger patties. Place in a dish lined with unbleached baking paper and bake for 30-40 minutes and don’t forget to flip them halfway through. Enjoy!